How do you view, value, and practice rest? Sabbath rest.
We live in a time where the ‘hustle’ is hallowed, where life at a crazy busy pace is commonplace, and rest often is reserved for extra times to be fit in. While most realize that rest, Sabbath, margin is important for us physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually – many do not view rest as a needed and valued blessing.
Today’s guest Vickie Petz Henderson is a doctor, author, speaker, and podcaster. She’s a smart lady and a wise woman, rooted in God and His Word. Vickie also has a powerful story where her life changing trials show God’s hand, His goodness, and His glory.
Listen in as Vickie shares from her experience including lessons she explores in her writing, speaking, and teaching ministry on the importance and value of rest.
Highlights from this Episode:
- Vickie shares how through disability God gave her the ability to have the true desire of her heart.
- A reframed view and value rest.
- How strength can come from weakness.
- How to see tragedies and trials as gifts.
- The value of preparation for your trials before your trials.
- The importance of investing in real friendships.
- A short, simple, powerful prayer of surrender.
This episode is sponsored by the Mompreneur Accountability Getaway – A Balance and Business Retreat.
Busy moms who own and operate businesses – this is your place and space to connect with like-minded women for self-care and strategic planning. This is the break you need and deserve. Join us for a weekend of peaceful productivity March 29-30, 2019. More information and registration at nettyejohnson.com/mag
Ways to Connect with Vickie Petz Henderson
Vickie’s Website and Blog: www.vickiepetzhenderson.com
Vickie’s Podcast: The Heart of the Author Podcast
Vickie’s Book: Dressing the Wound: Give Yourself the Gift of Forgiveness
Referenced in this Episode:
- Breathe – Study Journal: Making Room for Sabbath by Priscilla Shirer
- More about Myasthenia Gravis http://myasthenia.org/
- Jubilee, the Sabbath Year – Leviticus 25
- Celebrate Recovery: A Christ-centered 12 Step program for people with hurts, habits, and hang ups.
- Detours: The Unpredictable Path to Your Destiny by Tony Evans
- Faith Applied Podcast Episode 024– A Bit About Balance
- Faith Applied Podcast Episode 018– TempleCare 12 Series | Day 7 Rest
After listening to this conversation – continue the conversation!
Who do you know that could relate to or benefit from this episode? Share it with them and continue the conversation.
I’d also love to hear your thoughts. Share in the Faith Applied Community– (the place for continued discussion and bonus resources). Click hereto join.
Connect on Instagram at http://instagram.com/nettyejohnson– Follow me and DM your thoughts.
Did you find this content helpful? If so, please leave a ranking and review in Apple Podcasts. I read each one and value the feedback. http://faithapplied.today/review/
About this Podcast
The Faith Applied podcast is hosted by Nettye Johnson, CHES, CHC. This podcast supports purpose driven believers who want balance and better. Each episode contains truthful and transparent discussions about faith, mind/body wellness, purpose or productivity with the intent that together we’ll learn better, and do better, so we can live better. Check out Nettye’s other offerings and services to help you at http://nettyejohnson.com