How are you with self-care?
Do you often have more tasks than time or find yourself taking care of so many people, and doing so many things that taking care of yourself gets neglected?
If so, this shouldn’t be.
Our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit – so self-care is temple care. Nourishing self-care is sound physical stewardship that honors God and supports our ability to be and to serve.
Listen in for helps to prioritize and follow-thru with self-care.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Three impactful strategies that support consistent self-care
- Biblical supports of the importance of self-care
- Holistic self-care ideas (self-care should extend beyond physical care)
Referenced In this Episode:
- National Sleep Foundation Sleep Diary
- Lysa Terkeurst’s book, The Best YesThe Best Yes: Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands
- Patti Brietman‘s book, How to Say No Without Feeling Guilty: And Say Yes to More Time, More Joy, and what Matters Most to You
What are your go to ways to care for self?
New to Podcasts? Welcome!
A podcast is essentially a talk radio program hosted on the internet accessible on demand. You can listen when you are at your computer, or stream or download them to your phone to listen during your commute, while you run errands, exercise, cook, do housework etc. The choice of how, when and and where to listen is yours!
Here are a few options:
- Listen via the blog. Each episode of the Faith Applied podcast appears in a blog post on out blog http://faithapplied.today. Simply click the play icon (triangle) in the post.
- Listen via a podcatcher app. Podcatchers are apps that connect to a large searchable library of podcasts, and make it easy to listen to specific podcasts you select. When you subscribe to a podcast, the app automatically ‘catches’ and loads each new episode in your app when it released. (Very helpful so you don’t miss an episode.) You can subscribe and listen to Faith Applied on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, and other popular podcast apps.
Share the conversation!
Who do you know that could relate to or benefit from this episode? Share it with them and continue the conversation.
Share your thoughts!
I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Please leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a short 2-3 sentence review there or on Stitcher. I value feedback and your rating/comments help me tailor and improve the podcast. Ratings can also improve the visibility of the podcast, and help others who don’t know about Faith Applied discover it.
About this Podcast
The Faith Applied podcast is hosted by Nettye Johnson, CHES, CHC.
This podcast supports purpose driven believers who want balance and better. Each episode contains truthful and transparent discussions about faith, mind/body wellness, purpose or productivity with the intent that together we’ll learn better, and do better, so we can live better. Check out Nettye’s other offerings and services to help you at http://nettyejohnson.com